We teamed up with Rock and Sandi from Adventures That ROCK to bring you an exclusive look as Dollywood prepares for its 36th year of operation.
Have you ever wondered what happens during the offseason at Dollywood? Many construction and maintenance projects can be seen throughout the park. Did you know that 15% of the buildings get repainted every season?
Projects this year include new flooring at the Front Porch Cafe, the Robert F. Thomas Chapel is getting a facelift, and new seating areas are being added, just to name a few.
Updates for 2021
- COVID 19 protocols that were in place during the 2020 season will also be in place during the 2021 season.
- Over 700 operating hours will be added to the calendar this year in order to offer guests more time to experience all that Dollywood has to offer.
- The Chasing Rainbows Museum will be open to the public.
- New seating areas will be available in front of the Eagle Sanctuary and in front of Dogs ‘N Taters.
- Mystery Mine will not be operating on opening weekend.
- Shows that feature Dollywood’s own entertainers will be returning this year! Harmonies of the Heart, featuring Dolly’s family, and A Brighter Day, an inspiring show that delights guests with favorites will be starting in March. The Tones will also be back, delighting guests with the sounds of acapella.
New for 2021
The Melodies of Spring concert series, featuring contemporary Christian artists and Southern Gospel groups, will take place during The Flower & Food Festival from April 23-June 7. The concert series will feature acts such as Matthew West, Big Daddy Weave, I AM THEY, Rebecca St. James, Sidewalk Prophets, the Rhett Walker Band, Triumphant Quartet, and many more. The concert series will be held inside DP’s Celebrity Theater. The same Covid protocols regarding shows that were in effect last year (only seating every other row, three seats between parties per row, masks must be worn, and each row exits the building one row at a time) will still be in effect.
Sidewalk Chalk Art
There will be sidewalk chalk art around the Chasing Rainbows Museum area during the Flower & Food Festival. Art will be drawn daily.
Dining Day Pass
Dollywood will be offering a Dining Day Pass. This new pass will be available for $29.99 which includes your choice of five selections of the seasonal food offerings during the Flower and Food Festival. The cost will be $27.99 for pass holders. Among the items available are lobster rolls, hand-breaded fish and chips, Cuban sandwiches with plantain chips and mango salsa, as well as mini Funnel Cakes with Chantilly cream and drizzled lavender honey.
New & Improved Lightning Rod
Lighting Rod is now a hybrid coaster! The track structure includes both a wood stack topper track and a steel ibox track installed by the ride’s manufacturer.
Make Your Own Knife
The blacksmith shop has a new home! The shop will be located inside the red barn behind the Robert F. Thomas Chapel. You will also have the chance to make your own knife in the blacksmith shop!
Dollywood opens on Saturday, March 13 for the 2021 season. Season pass holder day will be Friday, March 12th.
We are so excited for another season at Dollywood! Which feature you are most excited about. Let us know in the comments below!